One of the most important aspects of blogging for me is the chance to learn more about the food I’m eating: the ingredients, the cooking, the people behind the food, and the stories tying it all together. To hear and learn about someone else’s passion for food and cooking is one of the main reasons why I love to be a part of Edmonton’s food scene. NAIT’s Hokanson Chef in Residence program does just that: providing the students in the NAIT School of Hospitality and Culinary Arts program the opportunity to learn from some of the best chefs in the world.
Launching in 2009, the program has since welcomed the three- to five-day residency of esteemed chefs Rob Feenie (2009), David Adjey (2010), Susur Lee (2011), Massimo Capra (2012), Chris Cosentino (2013), Lynn Crawford (2014) and last year welcomed Chef Michael Stadtländer to work with the students.
This year from March 7 to 11, NAIT Chef in Residence welcomes Vikram Vij, a globally trained chef and owner of world renowned Vij’s Restaurant in Vancouver. Since thoroughly enjoying my meal at Vij’s a few years ago, I am beyond excited to see what Chef Vij and the students at NAIT prepare for the upcoming luncheon on Thursday, March 10. Thanks to NAIT, I can bring one reader as my guest to the exclusive meal at Ernest’s Dining Room! For more details, check the giveaway instructions below.
“Namaste! Learning is a journey, whether it’s travelling around the world to experience new cultures and diversity, or learning how to cook a dish, using ingredients and methods you’ve never used before. I’m looking forward to sharing my journey with NAIT students, hoping they can learn a little something from me, as I will certainly do from them too!”
Some quick facts about Chef Vikram Vij:
- Vij was born in India in 1964 and moved to Canada in 1989 to work at the Banff Springs Hotel.
- In 1994, he opened Vij’s Restaurant in Vancouver, which has become world renowned as one of the finest Indian dining experiences.
- Today, Vij and business partner Meeru Dhalwala own three restaurants, a mobile food truck and a food production facility.
- Vij has appeared on Top Chef Canada (Food Network), Chopped Canada (Food Network) and CBC’s Recipe to Riches. He was also the first Indo-Canadian dragon on CBC’s Dragons’ Den.
- He’s the co-author of two cookbooks, Vij’s: Elegant & Inspired Indian Cuisine and Vij’s At Home: Relax, Honey.
Starting Monday, February 22, a limited amount of tickets for the luncheon can be purchased in person at Ernest’s ($85). If you’re feeling lucky, NAIT is also hosting a contest to win one of four pairs of tickets on their website until Sunday, February 28. Hope you can join me in welcoming Chef Vikram Vij and enjoy some fantastic food!
Enter for your chance to win one ticket ($85 value) to an exclusive lunch with NAIT Hokanson Chef in Residence 2016 (Vikram Vij) on Thursday, March 10, 2016, 11:30am-1pm using the widget below. Contest runs from Wednesday, February 24, 2016 until end of day, midnight (MST) Friday, March 4, 2016. Entrants must have a valid email address (for contact) and be over the age of 18. One entrant will be randomly selected on Saturday, March 5, 2016. Winner will have until Sunday, March 6, 2015, midnight (MST) to respond or another entrant will be randomly selected. Giveaway is provided by NAIT.
How To Enter
Using the widget below, you can do each and receive an entry (or bonus!) into the draw.
- Follow @cindurh on Twitter.
- Retweet this giveaway on Twitter (limit one entry per day). (Bonus, +2 entries!)
- Like LET’S OM NOM on Facebook and share the NAIT Chef in Residence 2016 – Vikram Vij Giveaway post. (Bonus, +2 entries!)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
3 thoughts on “Giveaway: NAIT Chef in Residence 2016 – Vikram Vij”
I rarely get to eat great food. I have Cancer so this would be a great meal and healthy. I hope I have a chance
NAIT has such an amazing program….what a great opportunity to learn a fabulous cuisine from Chef Vij.
I just wish I lived in Edmonton so I could enter the contest…..enjoy your supper, Cindy!